Dubai Municipality is carrying out inspections at gyms across Dubai.
This is being done to oversee the implementation of precautionary measures by both staff and visitors.
Officials made sure gyms were checking people’s temperature upon arrival, adhering to the 50 per cent capacity limit and sterilising different areas of the facility regularly.
Sports facilities and gyms were also required to implement other safety guidelines issued by Dubai Municipality, which include:
- Measuring employees’ temperature on a daily basis
- Ensuring that both staff and visitors are wearing masks and gloves
- Implementing social distancing guidelines (enforcing a two-metre distance between people)
- Providing necessary instructions and awareness (through signs)
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched surfaces
- Placing barriers that separate training areas from other sections of the gym
- Placing barriers that separate staff from customers at the reception area
- Closing shower areas, changing rooms, lockers, swimming pools, jacuzzis, sauna and steam rooms